Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Tuesday's Tips



Professionalism in the Workplace

Hello Friends,

I've decided to start a new series! Every Tuesday, I'll share helpful tips that I've learned in various stages of life as a wife, mother and professional.  Let's face it, I've made my fair share of mistakes but I do believe I can offer someone some helpful advice. At the least, if anyone has made the same mistakes, you'll know you're not alone.

Today's tips are targeted towards moms, like myself, that work outside of the home. I have a total of over 25 years of experience in the workplace. This experience includes working in corporate America, education (all levels, elementary, middle, high school and college) and the non-profit sector. Suffice it to say, I've seen a lot in my years.....


1. Make wise use of your time- This tip can really be applied to all concepts of life and not just work. One of my pet peeves is being late.  Showing up late to work, meetings, conferences etc. is unprofessional. I understand things come up, but it should not be habitual. Arriving to events early speaks volumes. It shows that you respect, not only the time of your colleagues but yours as well. Don't take two weeks to respond to an email/phone call. Nobody's that busy....

2. Pay attention to how you treat people- Your co-workers, employees etc. pay attention to how they see and/or hear you talk, interact, and respond to others.

3. Find your passion & pursue it- I wish I had grasped this concept a lot sooner in life. We are all called to fulfill a purpose. You may very well be doing exactly what you're supposed to be. If not, Start praying and figure it out!

4. Give advance notice if/when you decide to resign from your current position- DON'T BURN BRIDGES!! You always want to maintain your integrity.

Our children grow up so fast.... I want to be the best example I can to my boys. It's important to me that they see me pursue my own dreams and goals.

#wheredidmybabiesgo?

Until next time, thank you for stopping by....

No comments:

Post a Comment