Monday, October 31, 2016




Family, Fun & Turning Forty-Ish


I'm back!! I unintentionally took a week off from blogging. What can I say, life got in the way. I had a major project at work (4 months in the making) not to mention my normal responsibilities. There's so much to catch you guys up on. Life is busy, but it's good and I'm blessed!


Last weekend, Andre & I took a little mini getaway to attend a going-away party for one of his dear military buddies. Captain Kittrell is being deployed in a couple of weeks and his family held a going away dinner for him. It almost seemed surreal to think about how I was in his wife's shoes not too long ago... I'd be lying if I said I didn't tear up a couple of times. The sacrifices that soldiers and their families make is huge. Please keep his family in your prayers. On a more positive notes, Andre & I realized just how much we need to make spending time together (just the two of us) a higher priority. I see many more weekend trips without the boys in our future!


Well, we said goodbye to fall ball... The season didn't end quite the way we wanted to, but our whole family was grateful to have Spencer back at the mound completely healed. I'm looking forward to the spring. I know these guys will do great!


Another positive note, my sister came in from Atlanta to spend the week with us and this was the first time she was able to see Spencer play in a game. We love Tee Tee Dede!


My girlfriends and I are now at a point where we meet up at each other's kid's games just so we can spend time together. I love my people.


So, my sister got a two for one. She also got a chance to see Seth play in his first varsity game. At least she got to see one of their teams get a W! If they win this Friday they'll be headed to the playoffs! 


This past Saturday I celebrated my birthday. My sweet hubby made sure this was the first thing I saw when I woke up. 


We headed to a local burger joint for some over-sized cheeseburgers & french fries. I swear I probably consumed 5,000 calories this weekend... I will be doing some major adjusting to my diet these next couple of weeks, ugh!!

I'm so glad to be back and looking forward to you all meeting some amazing wives and moms. I'll be starting a new series that I'm sure will bless you and hopefully inspire you.

Until next time, thank you for stopping by....

No comments:

Post a Comment